EDUCATION | WEBINARS
If you would like to know more information about our Webinars on Functional Biomarkers and Foundation Pain Index,
please reach out to your local Ethos Sales Rep or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Introduction to Functional Biomarkers
This introductory webinar provides the initial and most important steps in functional biomarker education: why we are looking for objective markers for pain and why this is a budding test in the chronic pain community. During this webinar, the following topics will be explored:
- What is a functional biomarker and why look for them?
- Relevance to the chronic pain population and why the panel is so effective at targeting underlying mechanisms of pain
- Common risk factors and what we are initially seeing from the panel
- A brief overview of implementation and addressing abnormal results.
For clinics who have never heard of the functional biomarker panel or clinics that currently use it and want to know more about it, this introductory webinar will provide all the general information you need.
Functional Biomarkers in Relation to Pain
This webinar will take an in-depth look at the various pathways and mechanisms that our functional biomarkers can lead to, result from, or exacerbate the pain a patient experiences. The focus of the talk will revolve around the four main categories in our functional biomarker panel in relation to pain: nerve health, chronic inflammation, oxidative stress, and neurotransmitter status. In addition, we will also take a look at the large role that the Kynurenine Pathway plays into chronic pain and how abnormalities of the specific biomarkers in our panel not just affect pain, but overall quality of life.
Functional Biomarker Report Interpretations
Our functional biomarker reports are easy-to-read and extremely informative. This webinar will go into detail regarding all three pages of the report:
- Overall test results with ranges, patient results, and informative comments
- Historical data that tracks a patient’s progression
- Recommendations that are provided based on a patient’s abnormalities
In addition, this webinar will focus on every potential functional biomarker abnormality and what they specifically mean, as well as all of the recommendations we offer with an explanation as to why we offer them. For current or potential clinics that need a quick tutorial or refresher on what the results mean, this webinar is sure to help you out!