*ETHOS LABORATORIES* – Newport, KY
LOCATION: This position is located in Newport, KY, two blocks from Newport on the Levee
HOURS: Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
The Systems Administrator provides administration for all internal system services and equipment, hardware and software installation and maintenance, and first line IT support to internal and remote users. This individual is responsible for the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of all computer systems; manages user’s requests, assisting them with hardware and software issues; installs, modifies, and makes minor repairs to computer hardware and software systems; coordinates system projects with off-site support; and provides technical assistance and informal training to system end users.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience is required.
- Education in Information Technology
- Minimum of 5 years of experience, including the following areas:
- Laboratory and/or Billing software experience.
- Citrix VDI and Thin Client experience.
- Shoretel VoIP experience.
- Microsoft Exchange experience.
- Servers: Active Directory, Domain, SSL Certificate, Backups, Antivirus
- Network: Firewalls, Switches, Wireless, Voice, DHCP, TCP/IP, DNS, Routing
- Computers: Computer replacement, computer configuration, printer installs, Alertsec Encryption
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complies with Ethos core values and principles, as well as policies and procedures relating to customer information, data security, and HIPAA.
- Ensures that the up-time, performance, resources, and security of all computer systems meet the needs of the users, without exceeding the budget.
- Maintains hardware and software inventory and licensing.
- Responsible for ordering, tracking, and allocating all IT related equipment per manager or end-user request.
- Responsible for negotiating pricing on contracts, services, and equipment.
- Conducts IT asset inventory as necessary.
- Conducts research through manuals, documentation files, and other resources to solve problems.
- Supports and maintains Group Policies within Active Directory.
- Supports and maintains user account information including rights, security, and systems groups.
- Supports and maintains backups using Symantec.
- Maintains security and quality policies relating to IT.
- Maintains software applications such as Windows, Office, internal desktop clients, lab software, billing software, etc.
- Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems and equipment.
- Coordinates all additions, moves, and changes.
- Tests and evaluates software and solutions to determine compatibility of form, fit, and function with existing systems.
- Acquire, install, and/or upgrade computer components and software as needed.
- Utilize ticketing system for recording issues, requests, and projects.
- Provides support to the end users on desktop, VDI, laptop, printer and copier hardware/software issues on a timely basis.
- Escalate requests to off-site support only as needed.
- Works with local network contractors.
- Communicates changes and facilitates or organizes training to ensure user community can use systems effectively.
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers at all layers of the corporate structure.
- Coordinates interfacing internal systems with external clients.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Regular and prompt attendance.
- Working knowledge of PC hardware, including laptops, desktops, scanners, and printers.
- Hands-on knowledge of the procedures used in the installation, modification, maintenance, and repair of IT hardware and software.
- Clear knowledge of Windows 7, 8.1, and 10.
- Understand and use Microsoft Office products including MS Office 2010/2013.
- Follow daily production requirements.
- Ability to take direction from remote management.
- Must have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline environment and ability to multi-task.
- Exemplary customer service skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to explain just about anything technical to anyone, regardless of their background.
- Ability to coordinate projects with off-site support and to hold others accountable for project completion.
- Ability to participate in strategic planning and identify technology trends and directions as it relates to meeting the needs of the business.
• Regularly required to stand or sit, and move about the facility.
• Be able to carry and install personal computer.