*ETHOS LABORATORIES* – Newport, KY
LOCATION: This position is located in Newport, KY, two blocks from Newport on the Levee
HOURS: Monday – Friday, 10:00AM-6:00PM
(Must be able to manage off-hours critical business needs.)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent of education and work experience
- At least one year of experience in Phlebotomy
- At least 3 years management experience, preferably in managing remote staff members
The Phlebotomy Supervisor will play a pivotal role in recruiting and hiring, and driving efficiency and productivity for the department. This person will partner with key members of the sales team, and the education and compliance function to establish and maintain standard processes and procedures, for all aspects of Phlebotomists’ hiring, training and development, performance management and reporting. Reporting to the COO, this person will have primary responsibility for sourcing and recruiting, as well as the day-to-day phlebotomist operations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure adherence to company policies, including attendance and punctuality.
- Manage day to day issues including call-offs, and employee relations.
- Provide Resource Management to ensure appropriate hiring, deployment and utilization of human resources by partnering with the sales team and internal stake holders to identify the right customers that require Phlebotomists.
- Partner with the Field Compliance and Education Coordinator; and support initial training requirements, and ongoing compliance expectations.
- Ensure skill progression, and personal and professional development of Phlebotomists through timely, effective feedback and formal performance reviews. Make recommendations for salary increases and incentive rewards.
- Track and maintain data and key Phlebotomist related performance indicators on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Provide the highest level of Customer Service – ensuring that regular communication between Territory Managers, Regional Sales Managers, and Phlebotomists occurs; whereby customer goals and customer’s interest are fully communicated by the Phlebotomy Supervisor to his/her team; and customer issues/concerns are dealt with efficiently.
- Responsible for managing and maximizing Phlebotomist territory alignments to best utilize team members and incorporate opportunity based on multiple sources of data to increase efficiency of Phlebotomists.
- Manage phlebotomy team leads when applicable.
Process & Communications Management
- Oversee the Phlebotomist Request Process.
- Ensure that timely, accurate communication occurs with the COO, Director of Sales, RSMs, TMs, and internal business colleagues; whereby customers’ goals, interests, and concerns are fully communicated.
- Serve as the point of escalation within the sales team for operational issues and strategic initiatives communicated to the Phlebotomy Supervisor by the COO, Director-Sales, Regional Sales Manager, and/or Territory Managers; such as customer concerns, specimen collections, interface with PFS, etc.
- Provides ongoing updates to all Phlebotomist documentation and standard operating procedures.
- Provides weekly and/or as needed Field communications to operations leadership, and field sales management team.
- Review and develop various analysis reports for Phlebotomy-related activities company-wide.
- Manage and communicate accurate and comprehensive reporting, dashboards, and efficiency tracking reports on a timely and regular schedule while constantly looking for improvements to the process.
- Execute cost containment strategies aligned with company objectives and financial targets, manage, document, and oversee related Phlebotomy Supervisor/Phlebotomist operational expenditures.
- Adhere to confidentiality (HIPAA) requirements (patient files and personal information).
- Support new business initiatives and participate in other projects as assigned by senior management.
- Participate in meetings, and a wide variety of special projects.
- Regular and prompt attendance.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Strong working knowledge of Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with above average communication and follow-up skills.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and Local employment laws and regulations to ensure compliance.
- Must be able to handle large volume recruiting, and provide consistent follow-up.
- Ability to handle highly confidential information, and complex situations.
- Ability to negotiate terms of agreements with vendors.
- High energy level.
- Direct customer service skills a plus.
- Experience operating in a fast paced, community environment.
- Knowledge of Budget accountability and contract-managed service.
- Excellent people manager, open to direction.
- Collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done.
- Ability to work with cross functional teams.
- Demonstrated experience in being a self-starter.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to reflect positive attitude and disciplined work ethic.
- Excellent attention to detail, time management skills and meeting deadlines.