IT Support Technician I
*ETHOS LABORATORIES* – Newport, KY
LOCATION: This position is located in Newport, KY, two blocks from Newport on the Levee.
HOURS: Monday – Friday, 8:00AM – 4:00PM
The IT Support Technician provides first line IT support to internal and remote users. This individual manages user’s requests, assisting them with hardware and software issues. Creates and responds to requests for technical support, including website maintenance and computer configuration. Installs, modifies, and makes minor repairs to computer hardware and software systems, and provides technical assistance and informal training to system end-users.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience is required.
- Education in Information Technology.
- Preferred experience:
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience with Help Desk, IT Support, or Desktop Administrator, preferably in a laboratory or healthcare environment
- Remote Desktop Server (RDS) experience
- ShoreTel VoIP experience
- Microsoft Exchange experience
- Laboratory and/or Billing software experience
- Computers: Computer replacement, computer configuration, printer installs, encryption
- Servers: Active Directory, Domain, SSL Certificate, Backups, Antivirus
- Network: Firewalls, Switches, Wireless, Voice, DHCP, TCP/IP, DNS, Routing
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Learn, develop, and utilize skills in information technology to include networking of computers, system-wide back up of data, and storage of data.
- Gain hands-on practical experience to the full gamut of Help Desk roles and responsibilities.
- Respond to and resolve help desk requests from both on-site and off-site employees.
- Run calls to troubleshoot desktop/laptop problems for PC computers.
- Assist staff in performing system backup and maintenance functions.
- Assist in installation of PC hardware and software.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Assist in network and hardware troubleshooting.
- Assist in performing preventative maintenance and upgrades on servers.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Assist Systems Administrator (or designee) with current projects.
- Maintain company websites with updates/upgrades as needed (WordPress).
- Perform special projects as needed.
- Assist in needs analysis for projects; in research for solutions for needs.
- Acquire, install, and/or upgrade computer components and software as needed.
- Utilize ticketing system for recording issues, requests, and projects.
- Complies with Ethos core values and principles, as well as policies and procedures relating to customer information, data security, and HIPAA.
- Assist in updating user and technical documentation, including standard operating procedures (SOPs) and policies.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Conducts IT asset inventory as necessary; maintain and organize IT asset inventory.
- Provides support to the end users on desktop, remote desktop, laptop, printer, and copier hardware/software issues in a timely manner.
- Escalate requests to Systems Administrator or off-site support only as needed.
- Works with local network contractors.
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers at all layers of the corporate
- Assists with issues related to interfacing internal systems with external clients.
CORE COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Exemplary customer service skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to explain just about anything technical to anyone, regardless of their background.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline environment and ability to multi-task.
- Comfortable prioritizing tasks and managing competing demands for optimal outcomes.
- Clear knowledge of Windows 7, 8.1, and 10.
- Understand and use Microsoft Office products including MS Office 2010/2013.
- Working knowledge of PC hardware, including laptops, desktops, scanners, and printers.
- Hands-on knowledge of the procedures used in the installation, modification, maintenance, and repair of IT hardware and software.
- Must have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Excellent time management, documentation, and organizational skills.
- Must be flexible, innovative, and self-motivated.
- Demonstrated ability to follow a project through to completion, ensuring all components meet expectations and all parties involved are notified of completion.
- Regular and prompt attendance.
- Regularly required to stand or sit, and move about the facility.
- Be able to carry and install personal computer.