HR Generalist/Recruiter (Part-Time)
*ETHOS LABORATORIES* – Newport, KY
LOCATION: In Newport, KY, two blocks from Newport on the Levee
HOURS: Part-time, 25 – 28 hours/wk. Monday through Friday, 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM (Hours are somewhat negotiable). Must be able to assume a full-time role in approximately 12 months.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level, and works closely with senior HR management in carrying out responsibilities in the following primary functional areas: recruitment/hiring, onboarding, policy implementation, and employee engagement. The HR Generalist will also provide support in training implementation, and performance management; and act as backup for payroll administration. This position will partner with managers and employees to support and guide (under the guidance of Sr. HR Management) on all HR initiatives that serve to hire, engage, and retain key talent in line with Ethos’ vision, mission, and core values.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
- A minimum of 2 – 4 years working as an HR Generalist.
- At least 2 years’ experience recruiting in scientific, production (non-manufacturing), and finance/accounting.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates and administers the development and implementation of recruitment strategies and staffing levels, applicant evaluation, interview and selection process, and related tasks.
- Conducts interviews to determine the knowledge, skills and abilities of candidate.
- Conducts new hire orientation to all newly hired employees.
- Responsible for writing offer letters, sending and collecting phase one paperwork, running drug screens and background checks, and conducting reference checks (upon request), for all positions hired.
- Acts as secondary support to source, recruit, and hire higher-level salaried exempt positions when needed.
- Fosters an understanding of the culture, and strives to understand the issues employees face on a daily basis. Is approachable and accessible.
- Provide guidance to employees as needed on company policies and procedures and any other HR related matters.
- Participates in employee events throughout the year.
- Cultivates through experiential and other means, a deeper understanding of Ethos’ Vision, Mission, and Core Values.
- Participates in creating and implementing learning opportunities for managers and employees.
- Aids in the implementation/tracking of performance reviews.
- Conducts all HR responsibilities within the scope of State and Federal laws and regulations, and ethical integrity.
CORE COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Thorough knowledge of State and Federal laws and regulations, especially EEOC, ADA, ADEA, and FLSA.
- Prompt and regular attendance.
- Advanced critical thinking skills.
- Self-initiative, and ability to work independently.
- Can operate in an HR culture of servant leadership.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Can build collaborative relationships with managers and employees on all levels within the organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Word.
- Medium ability in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint.
- Effective team player.